Beautiful Home In Desireable Location
For over 100 years this classic side-hall colonial has graced this highly desirable neighborhood. Through loving care and thoughtful updates, this engaging home remains fresh and modern today. A central location puts you less than a 1/2 mile to Brayton Elementary school, Summit's thriving downtown and NYC commuter trains. As tall trees and mature shrubbery artfully frame the exterior, a covered front portico extends a warm welcome.
Step inside where a mix of charm and convenience come together with great success. The delightful foyer opens to the adjoining living room that spills into a sunny office or den. Windows on three sides assure sunlight reaches in to nearly every corner. With the freshly painted interior and gleaming hardwood floors throughout, you are free to arrange your furnishings and artwork as you see fit. From either the living room or office, there is access to the formal dining room, where guests are comfortably seated. Nearby, the updated kitchen has distinct working and eating areas, making dinner prep easy and offering great space for everyone to gather for daily meals. Sliders take you out to a deck, clearly designed for al fresco dining, entertaining and grilling. For your convenience, the powder room is located off the kitchen and includes access to stairs leading down to the lower level.
Bedrooms are comfortably nestled on the second and third levels. The master suite includes an updated full bath, while the family bedrooms are well served by the renovated hall bath. Another bedroom on the third floor boasts loads of closet storage and dormer windows.
Additional finished space is found on the lower level. The recreation room is ready for whatever leisure activity you have in mind. There is plenty of storage space and a full size laundry room with sink and cabinets.
Outside, the deck overlooks a deep, private backyard. Active play is welcome, while the avid gardener will find ample opportunity to exercise a green thumb.
With little to do except bring your furnishings and personal touches, this is a place you can easily call home and one you will be proud to showcase often.
- Freshly painted throughout
- Beautifully finished on four levels with an open concept main level featuring easy access to the wraparound deck, comfortable second and third level bedrooms and a finished walkout lower level with recreation room, storage, utilities and laundry room
- Hardwood and tile flooring, decorative moldings and trim, versatile decor, recessed lights, built-ins and abundant natural light
- Side-hall foyer with elegant turned staircase, guest closet
- Living room with adjoining office and large windows on three sides
- Formal dining room
- Modern kitchen with white cabinets, granite counters, tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances, pantry storage, an adjoining breakfast room with a picture window and sliders to the deck
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet and an updated master bath with tile floor and wainscoting, double vanity, tile shower and spa tub
- Renovated hall bath
- Conveniences include a first level powder room and a large laundry room on the lower level
- Gas steam radiator heating
- 2-zone central air conditioning
- California closet system
- Storm windows and doors
- Low maintenance vinyl siding
- Concrete front walkway with Belgian block curbing
- Covered front portico
- Paved driveway and additional parking
- Detached garage, recently built new, with automatic garage door opener
- Wraparound deck
- Deep backyard bordered by light woods
- Professionally landscaped property
- Prime location near Brayton Elementary School, downtown shopping, recreation and NYC commuter trains
- Easy access to major highways, business centers and Newark Liberty International Airport
- Classic Colonial
- 8 Rooms: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Full & 1 Half Baths
- Built: Circa 1915
- Lot Size: .16 Acre