Review the list below and find out how Kim will help you conduct a home search, negotiate, and close on a new home. Kim will help you with the process of buying a home while representing your best interests throughout the purchase process.
Use the home buyer checklist below to prevent errors and to stay on track:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage, look into a credit report, FICO score, type of mortgage, shop for the best rates, and programs.
- Determine your wants and needs: the style of home, size, price, location
- Check out the neighborhoods, schools, crime rate, traffic, zoning, and work commutes
- Check the Web for helpful information
- Kim will call or visit the town or city hall to learn of any zoning changes, liens, easements, or other restrictions.
- Kim will prepare a property value study. Kim will prepare your offer and apply his/her trained negotiating skills during the buying process.
- Kim will find out if there are any other offers and ascertain the seller's motivation for selling, deadlines, etc.
- To prevent surprises and disappointments after you move into your new home, use the inspection period written into your contract to the fullest advantage by hiring a home inspector to thoroughly examine the home you want to buy. Kim will be present for the home inspection.
- Use the inspection report to re-negotiate, if necessary.
- Be aware of the final negotiating factors that may benefit you in the purchase of the home.
To prevent surprises after the fact, Kim will schedule a walk-through of the property before the actual closing (usually an hour or two before). Together, you and Kim will re-examine the home to see that requested repairs have been made, determine if there are any changes or new damage since the home inspection, see that all of the seller's belongings have been removed from the premises as agreed.
Once your walk-through has been completed, you can sit at the closing table with less worry knowing that your home is ready and waiting for you. You may find that you need to add some steps, based on your special situation, to create a customized home buying checklist for yourself. However, this should serve as a helpful guide as you start on the road to purchasing your dream home.