Impressive Colonial Tudor
Beautifully renovated and expanded in 2008 and 2014, this impressive 5 bedroom, 5 ½ bath Colonial/Tudor offers wonderful curb appeal, a prime Upper Oak Ridge location, spectacular backyard and is loaded with upgrades and amenities. Architectural details and masonry of an extensive multi-level addition and renovation blend seamlessly with quality built Old World charm. The sunny floorplan is designed for modern comfortable living and entertaining throughout with an updated eat-in-kitchen fitted with top-of-the-line appliances, renovated bathrooms and a first floor office with great views. The LUX master suite is spa-like with a fireplace and beautiful, private views. A walkout lower level includes a recreation room with wet bar, a billiards room, mud room and direct entry from the heated two car attached garage. This home has unbeatable outdoor living spaces with upper and lower terraces and an exceptional backyard bordered by wooded parklands. Such a beautiful home!
- Updated floor plan allows great flow for entertaining and takes advantage of views to yard.
- Formal Living Room featuring impressive stone fireplace
- Richly appointed first floor Office with convenient built-ins and views
- Original Chestnut moldings and doors
- Front-to-back Foyer and hallway with coat closet, elegant Powder Room
- Custom Kitchen features top of the line appliances, Danby marble counters and backsplash (2014), a separate Breakfast Room with wood-burning fireplace, walk-in Pantry (rough plumbed as a future second Powder Room) and opens to a large outdoor terrace overlooking expansive property
- Huge Family Room flows from the Kitchen, fitted with a gorgeous masonry fireplace (gas start), lots of built-ins and desk area - new in 2014
- Front and back staircases
- Luxurious Master Suite with custom built-ins, dual closets, masonry fireplace with gas insert, spa-like marble Master Bath with large shower and tub - new in 201
- Three additional Bedrooms and 2 renovated Full Baths on the second floor
- Third floor features a large Bedroom with custom fitted closet, built-ins, renovated Full Bath and attic storage
- All Bathrooms redone/built in 2008 and 2014
- Bathrooms fitted with tile from Waterworks and Artistic Tile, fixtures from Rohl, Hans Grohe, Waterworks and Toto
- Lower level remodel: extensive excavation for improved ceiling height, steel beams to support open floor plan
- Walk-out lower level includes a Recreation Room, Wet Bar with beverage fridge and dishwasher drawer, Billiards Room (pool table included), Full Bath, Laundry Room, Mud Room and direct access to heated 2-car Garage
- Whole house wired with HD speakers, broad band and cable
- Nuvo speaker system throughout first floor, second floor, lower level and terraces/outdoors (can be modified for Sonos)
- New Weil McLean Hot Water boiler with cast iron radiators (7 zones) - 2008
- New Weil McLean Steam Boiler (1 zone) - 2008.
- Central Air - 3 Carrier AC handlers and compressors (6 zones) - installed 2008 (2) and 2014 (1)
- Electric Radiant Heat in Master Bath.
- Central Monitoring for fire and security, some security cameras
- Water Softener
- Filtered water at Kitchen sink and fridge
- 9 zone irrigation system
- Exquisite masonry on exterior, chimneys and fireplaces.
- Stucco, stone and slate of exterior addition blends seamlessly with original construction
- All new thermal low E windows on three sides of house. Original “Hopes” windows on front of house restored to preserve beauty of original construction
- Expansive backyard with mature plantings and flowering trees backs up to parklands
- Custom hardwood Garage doors add sophistication and charm
- Large heated Garage with room for two large cars and storage
- Copper gutters, leaders and roof panels
- New front walk and landing - 2019
- Natural gas feed to grill, grill included