Architecturally Distinctive Custom Home
From well-known local builder R.P. Bennett comes this architecturally distinctive custom colonial. Across three gorgeous levels, 12 rooms include 5 bedrooms, 5 full and 2 half baths. A picturesque setting adds to this home’s appeal, while the location invites you to take full advantage of all Chatham has to offer.
From the covered front entry, luxury living begins at the two-story foyer featuring gleaming hardwood floors and extensive architectural detailing. French doors open to reveal the formal dining room, while fluted columns mark the entries into the living room. Perfect for entertaining on a grand scale, the living room is distinguished by a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, while the formal dining room includes French doors to an oversized wraparound deck.
Anyone who loves to cook and entertain, will find this designer kitchen more than satisfies. High-end stainless steel appliances, a tile backsplash, custom cabinetry, and a center island create an environment where even the most complicated recipe seems easy. As the kitchen extends out to the breakfast area, sunlight pours in through tall windows. Redefining casual dining, the breakfast area also has access through French doors to the deck.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, an office, and laundry room. Both bedrooms enjoy the benefit of individual en suite full baths and ample closet storage. The laundry room and powder room are conveniently nearby.
Luxury Living Continues Throughout
Three additional bedrooms occupy the second level. Among those bedrooms is the master suite. Double doors open to the bedroom featuring a tray ceiling with recessed lights. Adjoining the master bedroom is a separate sitting room with a fireplace. With a separate entry from the hallway, this sitting room could serve as a standalone bedroom. At the entry to the master bath are two walk-in closets with built-ins. Furniture quality floating vanities flank the luxury spa tub set beneath large windows. A rotunda ceiling brings an added sense of space. A walk-in shower and privy room complete this fabulous master bath.
An en suite and hall baths serve the two remaining bedrooms on this level.
Upholding the standards set by the rest of this fine home, the lower level is finished to include an oversized recreation room with wet bar, a powder room, mud room, storage, utility room and entry to the oversized 2-car garage.
Outside, the property is equally enjoyable. The front and back yards feature lush lawns and professional landscaping. Established shrubbery borders the front and back of the house, and tall trees create a scenic natural perimeter.
- Exceptional floor plan with finished space on three levels, sizable rooms, high ceilings, recessed and custom lighting, ceiling fan, a versatile decor, extensive architectural detailing and abundant natural light
- Gleaming hardwood floors, ceramic and stone tiling and plush carpeting
- 3 Fireplaces: living room, family room and master sitting room
- Bedrooms located on the first and second levels
- Finished walkout lower level
- Thermal windows and doors
- Substantial closet storage
- 2-zone forced air heating
- 2-zone central air conditioning
- Humidifier on the furnace
- Sump pump
- Security system
- Stone and clapboard exterior
- Covered front portico
- Paver front walkway
- Paved driveway with Belgian block curbs and additional parking
- Attached, oversized 2-car garage with automatic garage door openers
- Expansive wraparound deck and patio
- Private backyard bordered by light woods
- Professionally landscaped property
- Underground lawn sprinkler system
- Desirable Rolling Hill location near shopping, recreation, top rated schools and NYC commuter trains
- Easy access to major highways, business centers and Newark Liberty International Airport
- Custom Colonial
- 12 Rooms: 5 Bedrooms, 5 Full & 2 Half Baths
- Built: 1999
- Lot Size: .49 Acre