Review the list below and find out how the Kim Cannon & Co Team will help you conduct a home search, negotiate an offer, navigate the entire process of buying a home and represent your best interests from contract to closing.
Use this home BUYER checklist as a guide to your home purchase process:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage to become comfortable with your affordability and learn about the different types of mortgages, shop for the best rates, and programs. We can recommend several good mortgage brokers.
- Determine your wants and needs in a home: the style, size, price, location
- Give us feedback as you look at homes so we can quickly identify homes that are a fit and weed out those that are not so we can be efficient with your time while looking.
- Check out the neighborhoods, schools, communities online and ask us questions as we know the neighborhoods, town centers, schools....we are your resource.
- Check out individual town websites for detailed information
- Be aware of zoning restrictions, liens, easements for any property of interest to you.
- If you've identified a property of interest, our Team will provide you with market data and comparable sales for you to make a good decision in an offer price.
- As your Buyer's Agent, we prepare your offer and negotiate with the Listing Agent for you.
- We will request notification of any other offers and ascertain the seller's motivation for selling, preferred closing timeframe, specifics on any exclusions to the sale.
- Once you've come to terms on a property, our Team can recommend seasoned local attorneys so you can begin Attorney Review.
- Once you are through A/R and officially Under Contract, we will guide you through the next phase of home inspections, lender appraisal, meet contractors for any estimates needed based on home inspection results, and coordinate a final walk through just before your closing. Most importantly, we will happily give you the keys to your new home once you've closed! An exciting day!
- Our Team has a long list of recommended inspectors, attorneys, contractors, service providers that we will share with you to assist you throughout your home ownership.
- We are local Realtors always a phone call away if you ever need anything after closing.